Isaias causes cancellations, delays
Closures and delays have been announced for Tuesday as the region faces Tropical Storm Isaias. This list will be updated.
- Suffolk Transit will operate on a delay Tuesday morning. Service will begin at 11:30 a.m. Call 214-6442 for more information.
- Tuesday trash and recycling collection in Suffolk has been canceled; service will operate on a one-day delay the rest of the week.
- Suffolk city offices will be closed Tuesday. All special city events including summer camp, swim lessons and Suffolk Public Library’s curbside pickup have been canceled.
- Suffolk Public Schools will have a delayed opening on Tuesday. School Administrative Offices and schools will open at 10 a.m. Lunch delivery will begin at 10:30 a.m.
- The Mills E. Godwin Courts Complex will be closed Tuesday.
- The Friends of the Suffolk Library will be closed on Tuesday.
There is also one temporary reopening as a result of the storm. Suffolk Fire & Rescue Station 4, 837 Lake Kilby Road, has been closed since June 3 for work on the engine bay. However, it will temporarily reopen at 8 p.m. Monday, equipped with Engine 4 and accompanying staff. Following the storm, the status of the building and ongoing repairs will be re-evaluated.